Applying for Medicare Part A & B Online: A Step-by-Step Guide
If you’re looking to apply for Medicare Part A & B, the process can seem overwhelming at first. However, with the convenience of the internet, applying online has never been easier. In this article, we’ll provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to apply for Medicare Part A & B online. As always reach out to the team at Plan Medicare New York for any additional questions you may have.
As we discussed earlier, applying for Medicare Part A & B is the first step in the process. It’s important to note that if you answer “yes” to the question about wanting Part B during the application process, you will be automatically enrolled in Part A as well. On the other hand, if you complete the application without answering the Part B question, you will still be enrolled in Part A automatically.
How to Apply for Medicare Part A & B Online
To apply for Medicare Part A & B, you can follow these steps:
- Open your web browser and go to the following website: https://www.ssa.gov/medicare/
- Look for the blue button that reads “Apply online” and click on it.
- Check the checkbox that confirms “I understand and agree to the above statements.”
- Click on the blue “next” button.
- Scroll down to find the “Start a New Application” option under the “Apply and Complete” section
Eligibility Requirements for Medicare Part A & B
To be eligible for Medicare Part A & B, you must:
- Be 65 years of age or older
- Be a U.S. citizen or a legal resident who has lived in the United States for at least five years
- Have worked and paid Medicare taxes for at least 10 years
- Not have end-stage renal disease (ESRD)
Documents Needed to Apply for Medicare Part A & B
When you apply for Medicare Part A & B online, you will need the following documents:
- Your Social Security number
- Proof of age
- Information about your current health insurance (if applicable)
- Information about your work history (if applicable)
Frequently Asked Questions About Applying for Medicare Part A & B
Q: How long does it take to get enrolled in Medicare?
A: It typically takes about three to four weeks to process your application and for you to receive your Medicare card in the mail.
Q: Can I apply for Medicare if I’m under 65?
A: Yes, you may be eligible for Medicare if you have certain disabilities or if you have end-stage renal disease.
Q: Can I apply for Medicare Part A only?
A: Yes, you can apply for Medicare Part A only.
Remember to reach out to the New York Medicare Advisors at Plan Medicare for any additional questions you may have!