Benefits of Medicare Supplement Plans
Every Medicare Supplement Plan (Medigap Policy) comes with a certain standard of benefits.
While there are many different insurance carriers that carry these plans, all 11 plans come with a certain set of standard benefits. Remember, not all insurance carriers offer each of the 11 Medicare Supplement plans, nor are they all available in every state.
All Medicare Supplement plans, A through N include these basic benefits:
- Medicare Part A hospital coinsurance
- Medicare Part A extended hospital coverage (365 days after Medicare benefits end)
- Medicare Part A hospice outpatient prescription drug copayment and inpatient respite care coinsurance
- Medicare Part B coinsurance
- Medicare Parts A and B first three pints of blood
The chart above outlines the benefits associated with every Medicare Supplement plan.